Regularly cleansing our personal spaces is a great practice of having good spiritual hygiene. A house cleansing is especially beneficial after dealing with psychic pollution to re-state the clear intention of having an environment that promotes peace, harmony, vibrancy, and health on all levels. You may need to remove the toxic energies from your home you’re experiencing…
- upsetting dreams and reoccurring nightmares
- arguments, fights, and other abusive situations
- energy vampires in your home
- a breakup or divorce
- odd manifestations that feel negative, like seeing shadow people or other dark energies/orbs/lights that you know intuitively aren’t Angelic
- prolonged episodes of sickness, whether mental or physical
- theft or damage to the home
- strange people or animals lurking around your property
- anytime you want a fresh new start
You will need…
- Mop or Sponge
- Lighter or Matches
- Sea Salt
- Sage, Palo Santo, or Frankincense and Myrrh
- Safe herb burning device such as abalone shell or cauldron, something fireproof
- Feather or Fan or Your Hand
- One Lemon
- Any other religious items, such as crosses, rosaries, pentagrams, etc
REMOVING TOXIC ENERGIES FROM THE HOME
- First light the sage, palo santo, or other holy herbs in a fire safe bowl or container. You may choose to light the herbs in multiple places. Open at least one door or window if possible and starting from the entrance, walk throughout the house in whatever intuitive fashion calls to you, and use the feather or hand to fan and waft the smoke from the herbs throughout the house. Make sure to get all four corners of each room. Notice any dark shadows that materialize, as you may have to spend more time in that particular area. You may decide to recite a prayer based on your or your client’s religious preferences while cleansing each room. Make the conscious effort to visualize in your mind’s eye the energy leaving the home.
- Move on to clean and declutter the house. All rooms should be tidied, dusted, or vacuumed to the individual’s liking. As you remove trash from the home, it sets the tone for the rest of the blessing. Consider donating one or two items to any charitable second-hand store, as a sacrifice is always welcome. It also helps to deposit positive energy into your spiritual bank when we give to others without the expectation of anything in return.
- Once the floors are cleaned, trash is dealt with, and all donations are collected, it’s time to start with the washing! Fill a bucket with water and add in fresh juice from your lemon. Proceed to mop the floors and/or wash the walls (lightly, don’t strip the paint!). Do the best of your ability. Perfection is not necessary. It’s your intention that counts. Bring your sea salt with you and take your bucket out to the street, and dump the dirty citrus water out away from the property line.
- Take out the sea salt, and proceed to sprinkle the salt around the perimeter or at the very least the entrances and exits to the best of your ability. As you begin to start shifting the energy, the sage or holy herbs will help stir the remaining negative energy, and begin to push the negative energy out as the smoke fills the house. Make the conscious effort to visualize in your mind’s eye the energy leaving the home. After making your way through the entire house, close the windows and doors that were open.
- You may now choose to light your candle (a black or white candle charged with the intention of banishing). Please ensure you light it at a time where you will be present for at least 2-4 hours for fire safety reasons. Once the candle vigil burns out completely, take the candle outside and bury it in the ground or throw it out. You may choose to do 1 candle, 3 candles, or a full 7 day process — depending on how many entities you’re removing.